Saturday, July 27, 2013

A dear friend and fellow artist, Julie Zarate recently curated an art exhibit based on iconic scenes from movies whose directors are famous for their hauntingly beautiful cinematic imagery (think Kubrick, Kurosawa, etc) 

Once I completed my entry for above show, I managed to get mesmerized by the wealth of images I discovered of some of Hollywood's best and most beautiful actors from yesteryear. 

 James Cagney was an actor of many talents but will always be known as one of the greatest "gangsters" ever to hit the silver screen...and I knew I had to create his portrait. "Cagney" is now part of my "Hollywoodland" pen & ink series.

8x10" pen & ink on archival paper, matted and framed...overall size 11x14"

Original available.
Limited Edition Prints coming soon.


No comments: