Saturday, August 17, 2013

Just Ink (Chapter 3)



The temperature outside was in the three digits and an overflow crowd was expected. I was nervous about the heat factor and whether the gallery would hold so many people...and with so many people would the air conditioning survive?

But the rain rolled in bringing a new fear...would anyone brave the storm to attend? But it was a fast moving storm and it lasted just long enough to cool the air and it was a beautiful evening.

Just Ink (Chapter 3) turned out to be a rousing success...more than 50 artists, over 500 works of pen & ink art (of all sized and price ranges), and nearly as many guests attended over the course of the evening as there was art. We had a steady flow of people coming and going right up to the end and a lot of art sold last night. I always worry about the wisdom of a "one night event" but my fears are always unfounded. I LOVE producing/curating exhibits and I owe a heap of gratitude to Lizbeth Ortiz of East End Studio Gallery for allowing me to take control of her space for the evening.

No comments: